- The sea's temperature is an average of 28 degrees centigrade.
- There is good snorkeling to be found offshore Sibu, notably the
north east corner of the island, Tg Semanggar, where there is a good
variety of coral and fish, which just happens to be our house reef
- The scuba diving in this area is generally shallow, between 6m and
18m, allowing longer 'bottom time'.
- There are many scuba diving sites within a 30 minute boat journey from Sibu offering a variety
of both soft and hard corals.
- The sea life is prolific and varied,
from Nurse Sharks to Moray Eels, Bat Fish to Blue Spotted Sting
Rays, Box Fish to Nudibranches and much, much more. Less usual
sights such as Sea Horses, Leopard Sharks, Schooling Baracuda and
Black Tip Reef Sharks can also be seen.