It's a 40 minute
(50 with little people) walk from Sea Gypsy Village situated in the north east
of Sibu Island to Kampong Duku in the South West.
- Starting from Sea Gypsy we walk along the beach and around the
rocks into the next bay, where you will see in contrast to Sea
Gypsy, a large concrete constructed resort called Sari Pacifica. (Mind the
rocks they are a little sharp so decent footwear is advised)
- Traverse the Sari Pacifica property and you will arrive on the west
side of the island. Passing a small collection of houses you will
find the foot path to the Kampung.
- In contrast to walking through the jungle it is a lovely shady way
down through the island, passing Twin Beach under the coconut trees
- The walk is
reasonably easy and very pleasant.
- The Kampong (village) is a
traditional sleepy island village and well worth a visit as it
remains untouched by commercialism.
- There is a little shop where you can buy a drink if you take some
Ringgitt with you.
- Jumping off the Kampong jetty
whilst waiting for the Sea Gypsy boat to take you back to the resort
is a must!
- Check the What’s On boards in our restaurant for details of the
excursions planned for that day, or just come on over to the dive
base and have a chat about what you would like to do during your
stay at Sea Gypsy Village.